Friday, April 6, 2012

At Last!!

"Cancer", 22 x 22
gouache on paper
So I finally have a good scan of "Cancer", a piece I did a few months ago for the "One Hour of TV a Week" show.  I knew I wanted to do piece about cancer - there's been a lot of it in my family, as in most, but it took me a while to figure something out.  I definitely wanted a feeling of a whimsical sadness- and something that was a bit medical but not too trite.  Eventually I thought of a tree house - something made of itself, it's own material, but different - and then found some nice medical illos to work from to get the heart/lung interaction right.  Turned out to be a little trickier than I thought.

2 comments:

Kiersten said...

You are out of control.

Andrew DeGraff said...

You know how I loves the noodles!! Veins/branches make good noodles:)